Sunday, December 9, 2007

Semester's End

Like Corey wrote on the previous post, I would also like to mention how much I enjoyed this part of the course. The professional blog assignment gave me an opportunity to really understand my points and opinions and how to organize them in an understandable way. I enjoy talking about retailing and international business, but let's face it, that's not always pleasant dinner conversation for some. This blog gave me a chance to 'talk' about those things and be creative in my interpretations of current events. Also, as we finish up our time at university, our studies gradually become less about textbook learning and more about the application of our knowledge. As someone who has never been good at things like multiple choice tests or algebra, it was a relief that I could finally be graded on more than just the ability to memorize definitions and words. I enjoy reading about current players in the global market place and other industry news and I liked how that was a part of this course. It has been a good semester and I hope more courses in the CARS dept. will allow us the same creativity and freedom with assignments like this in the future.

--Jane Brownfield

1 comment:

sky said...

jane, am glad you liked the practical side of the course. do continue blogging. you are good at it.